Majorca Shepherd Dog, also known as Ca de Bestiar, is a breed of dog that originated in Spain, specifically on the island of Majorca. It is a large, muscular dog with a strong, powerful build and a thick, coarse coat that is usually black, brown, or fawn in color. Shepherd Dog is a loyal and protective breed, and makes a great family pet for those who can provide it with the exercise and training it needs.
What to know when choosing Majorca shepherd dog puppy
When choosing a Majorca Shepherd dog puppy, there are several things that you should consider and look out for to ensure that you get a healthy and happy puppy.
- Choose a reputable breeder who is registered with kennel clubs and has a good reputation. They should be willing to show you the parents of the puppy and provide you with health certificates.
- Check the puppy’s health records to ensure that they have been vaccinated, dewormed, and undergone any necessary health screenings.
- Observe the puppy’s temperament and personality. Make sure they are friendly, social, and not overly timid or aggressive.
- Look for physical traits that are typical of the Majorca Shepherd breed, such as a muscular build, floppy ears, and a smooth coat.
- Ask the breeder about the puppy’s parents’ temperament, training, and health history, as these can be good indicators of the puppy’s future health and behavior.
- Take note of the puppy’s energy levels and requirements to make sure they fit your lifestyle. Majorca Shepherd dogs are active and require regular exercise and mental stimulation.
- Consider if you have the time, resources, and commitment to train and care for a large breed dog like the Majorca Shepherd, keeping in mind that they require early socialization, exercise, and obedience training.
What to feed dog
Majorca Shepherd dogs have unique nutritional requirements due to their size, energy levels, and activity levels.
- Choose a high-quality dog food that has high-quality meat or fish as the primary ingredient.
- Provide your dog with plenty of fresh water at all times, especially during hot weather or after exercise.
- Avoid overfeeding your dog or providing them with too many treats as they can quickly gain weight, which can be harmful to their health.
- Consider adding high-quality canned food to their feeding routine, which can offer additional moisture and nutrition.
- You may also want to consider feeding your Majorca Shepherd dog a raw diet.
Majorca shepherd dog price
The price of Dog can range from $700 to $1500, depending on the breeder’s location and reputation, the dog’s lineage, age, and health status, and other factors. It is important to do thorough research and select a reputable breeder when purchasing any dog.