How much are maine coon cats? The price of a Maine Coon cat can vary depending on various factors such as age, gender, bloodline, and breeder. On average, the cost of a purebred Maine Coon cat can range from $500 to $1500, although some breeders may charge more for cats with superior bloodlines or exceptional beauty.
What you need to know before buying
Before buying a Maine Coon cat, here are some important things you need to know:
- Maine Coons are large cats: Maine Coon cats are one of the largest cat breeds, with males weighing between 13-18 pounds and females between 8-12 pounds. They can take up a good amount of space in your home.
- Cats require grooming: Because of their long fur, Maine Coon cats require regular grooming to avoid matting and knots. You’ll need to brush them at least once a week to keep their coat shiny and healthy.
- Maine Coons are social cats: These cats are known for their loving and social nature, and they enjoy interactions with their owners. They do not like being alone for long periods and thrive in households with other pets.
- Have a long lifespan: On average, cats live for 12-15 years, but with proper care, they can live up to 20 years.
- Maine Coons are prone to certain health issues: As with any breed, cats are prone to certain health problems such as hip dysplasia, heart disease, and obesity. It’s important to maintain their healthy diet and monitor their weight to keep them healthy.
- Maine Coons are expensive: As mentioned previously, cats can come with a high price tag, and their care and upkeep can be expensive as well.
How much are maine coon cats how to choose healthy cat ?
- Look for a reputable breeder: Choose a breeder with a good reputation and who has healthy cats. Some things to look for include clean and well-maintained living conditions, a friendly and outgoing cattery environment, and health certifications.
- Check for signs of good health: A healthy Maine Coon cat should be alert and active, with bright eyes and a shiny coat. Their ears should be clean and free of discharge, and their nose and eyes should not show any signs of discharge or swelling.
- Get a health certificate: Make sure to get a health certificate from the breeder’s veterinarian that confirms the cat is in good health.
- Ask about genetic testing: Certain genetic diseases are more common in Maine Coons, so it’s important to ask the breeder if their breeding cats have been tested for any genetic diseases and make sure they offer a health guarantee.